Good morning, East Cobb! I’m here in your inbox this morning to get you up to speed on everything you need to know about what’s going on in town. Follow along for the latest.
First, today’s weather:
Humid with a t-storm or two. High: 82 Low: 70.
👀 Attention local businesses & marketers: Attract more customers in East Cobb by sponsoring this daily newsletter, which gets read by the same people you’re trying to reach. Click here to learn more.
Here are the top three stories in East Cobb today:
- By a 4-1 vote on Tuesday, Cobb commissioners accepted a settlement with Rite Aid for $3.5 million after nearly four years of opioid-related litigation. The settlement with the pharmacy chain was part of a “bellwether” series of lawsuits that included local governments in Durham, N.C. and Montgomery County, Ohio. In the last several years, East Cobb News) and the lawsuit alleges that “Rite Aid failed to effectively monitor and report suspicious orders of prescription opioids from its retail stores and failed to implement measures to prevent diversion of prescription opioids, which contributed to an increase in opioid addictions, overdoses, and deaths” in Cobb, Montgomery County, and Durham. (
- The Cobb County Board of Commissioners has approved Connect CRE) ‘s plan to move forward with its $20-million redevelopment of the Avenue East Cobb retail complex in Marietta, GA. The plan includes demolishing a portion of the central building to make way for an 8,000-square-foot plaza surrounded by restaurants with patios. Other features of The Plaza include a covered, raised stage for performances, an LED screen, and a deck. (
- While the average price of gas in Georgia continued to decrease for the fourth week in a row, prices in Cobb remained higher than the state average at $4.68 per gallon this week. The state average on Monday was $4.18 per gallon, a decrease of 12 cents from last Tuesday, Jul. 5, said AAA. Georgia gas prices are still $1.26 more than this time last year. (MDJOnline.com)
From our sponsor:
Hey East Cobb, want to see only the best Prime Day sales in one place? We’ve got you covered! Click here to shop and save on TVs, Amazon devices, clothing, kitchen essentials and so much more.
- Scroll through the latest houses to hit the East Cobb area real estate market. View pictures, read through the specs, and then click on the listing to learn more. (East Cobb Patch)
- Laura Marano will be performing at the Center Stage Theater on tomorrow, Thursday, Jul. 14 at 8:00 p.m. The actress and singer is known for her role in the Disney Channel series Austin & Ally. (Google)
- The Doobie Brothers 50th Anniversary Tour is coming to Ameris Bank Amphitheatre this Sunday, Jul. 17 at 7:30 p.m. The group will be performing hit songs that span their career, including “Takin’ It To the Streets,” “Listen To The Music,” and “Long Train Running.” (Google)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
- END OF THE LINE: A Tribute to The Allman Brothers Band @ FTE’s Back Porch! (July 15)
- Inaugural Putters League Mid Summer Classic MINI GOLF TOURNAMENT (July 16)
- A1A – The Official and Original Jimmy Buffett Tribute Show at FTE’s Back Porch! (July 16)
- Free Course: Civilian Response to an Active Shooter by Roswell Police Dept (July 19)
- Add your event
Gigs & services:
Now you’re in the loop and ready to head out the door on this Wednesday. I’ll see you soon!